Night of the Living Dead 50th Anniversary Celebration
October 1st marks the 50th anniversary of George A. Romero’s Night of the Living Dead, rated as one of the Top 10 Horror Films of All Time by Rolling Stone and credited with starting the zombie movie genre. All horror and cinema fans should celebrate this milestone as Night of the Living Dead was an independent box office hit that shocked a culture and has been revered by critics, fans, and generations of filmmakers for the last 50 years.
Rightly so, October 1st has been officially declared national “Living Dead Day” by Chase’s Calendar of Events, the most comprehensive and authoritative reference available on holidays, special events, and more.
In celebration, you have two opportunities to see this remastered classic:
- Oct 6th: Exclusive Screening of Night of the Living Dead with the filmmakers, cast and crew in Pittsburgh at the Historic Byham Theater (where it first premiered 50 years ago)
- Cast In Attendance: Judith O'Dea, Marilyn Eastman, Judith Ridley, Kyra Schon, Russ Streiner, John A. Russo, Charles Craig, and Richard Ricci
- Tickets are available on Pledge Music
- Oct 24th / 25th: the international re-release of the remastered version of Night of the Living Dead nationwide USA + Canada, Mexico, UK, Ireland, and Norway
- Tickets are available on Fathom Events
Should you buy any merchandise at our store on NightoftheLivingDead.com or Pledge Music, you will also get a FREE MOVIE TICKET to see the remastered film in the theater of your choice on October 24th or October 25th!
About Living Dead Media:Living Dead Media is an independent media company operating in Los Angeles, bringing the “Living Dead” to life across the media landscape in 2018 and beyond. Living Dead Media’s projects include partnering with Image Ten Productions and Janus Films in the 2018 worldwide release of the remastered Night of the Living Dead (1968), the upcoming first-ever George A. Romero’s Night of the Living Dead mobile gaming app, and the original film’s never-produced sequel, to be released as Night of the Living Dead Part II (2019). In addition, Living Dead Media is rolling out a truly masterful Night of the Living Dead Ultimate Fan Collector’s Box Set through a partnership with FYE stores. For more information, visit www.nightofthelivingdead.com or www.facebook.com/officialnightofthelivingdead.com.